Belotero Q & A
What is Sculptra?
Belotero is a unique dermal filler that seamlessly integrates with your skin and adapts to your facial contours, therefore plumps and adds volume to your face. Belotero softens and smoothes lines and wrinkles so discreetly like no other filler.
- Evenly integrates with your own dermal tissues
- Discreetly enhances your facial contours for added confidence
- Rehydrates for a radiant appearance
How does Belotero® work?
As we age, our skin inevitably loses its youthful appearance as the production of natural dermal volumizers and moisturizers such as hyaluronic acid (HA) diminish, leaving lines and wrinkles where our skin was once youthful, even and radiant.
Belotero is an HA dermal filler, made of the same volumizing and moisturizing component of your skin, so it is the natural choice for reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
When injected, it instantly plumps and adds volume to the areas where it has been lost. Even the finest lines can be treated with confidence with Belotero.
What’s the Belotero® secret?
Belotero is specially designed to integrate into your tissue to provide subtle and even results without disrupting the natural contours of your face, so you can be confident that no one will ever know how you manage to look so refreshed and confident. The Belotero secret can be your secret too.
In clinical studies, 97% of patients showed a visible improvement after just one treatment with Belotero.
If you have previously been treated with a dermal filler you will be surprised by the subtlety of the area treated with Belotero. Unlike other fillers, you are unlikely to feel the implant, but will certainly see the refreshing results.
What areas can be treated with Belotero®?
- Frown lines: The ’11’ between your eyebrows when you frown can be softened with Belotero® Soft.
- Periorbital lines: Also known as “crow’s feet”, these lines can be reduced and smoothed with Belotero Soft.
- Bridge of the nose: To soften the appearance of bumps Belotero Basic is ideal.
- Cheekbones: To regain the fullness of a youthful face, Belotero Basic or Belotero Intense will help to round the cheekbones.
- Nasolabial folds: The lines from the nose to the corner of the mouth, also known as laughter lines, can be the most noticeable of all lines of the face. They can be smoothed away and leave you with a subtle, even result with a combination of Belotero Intense and Belotero Basic.
- Perioral lines: Sometimes called smoker’s lines. These lines are hereditary and you do not need to be a smoker to get them. They can be easily removed with Belotero Soft or Belotero Basic.
- Vermillion border: This subtle feature of the border of your lips diminishes as you age causing that annoying lipstick ‘bleed’ and can be easily replenished with Belotero Soft or Belotero Basic. This treatment instantly rejuvenates your lips.
- Lips: Whether you want a little moisturizing or full plump lips, Belotero Basic and Belotero Intense are perfect products for the lips.
- Marionette lines: These are lines from the corners of your mouth to your jaw. Treating these with Belotero can help to instantly provide a cheerful expression.
- Backs of hands & décolletage: One of the tell-tale signs of aging is dryness and crêping of skin on the backs of your hands and the décolletage. Bring back that youthful suppleness with Belotero Basic
How long does Belotero® last?
The effect will depend on the individual and the area that has been treated. In clinical studies, 66% of patients continued to show a visible improvement 9 months after a single treatment1. Most clients opt for follow-up treatments after 6 to 12 months to maintain a fresh, youthful appearance.
What is a Belotero® Treatment like?
The procedure usually takes around 20 minutes.
By design, Belotero helps to reduce any discomfort that may be experienced with dermal filler injections because it integrates into your own tissues where other fillers may disrupt the tissue when injected. Injected through a fine needle, Belotero can be positioned towards the surface of your skin with the confidence that the tissue integration will ensure a smooth evenness of your skin after treatment. Your practitioner may offer you a topical anesthetic cream if your skin is particularly sensitive. This option should be discussed with your practitioner.
Belotero integrates so readily into your own tissue that unlike other fillers, you are unlikely to feel the implant when you touch the treated area. This is especially important in areas like your lips, where you will want to see the results but not necessarily feel anything different.
Some patients experience swelling or redness after injection which usually subsides soon after treatment. Some return to work immediately after treatment. As Belotero is applied by injection you may experience a slight bruise, but nothing that a little concealer can’t hide.